SAS-to-SATA/SATA II Disk RAID, Plug & Play (NO HDD included)
||Quantity in Basket:none|
Shipping Weight: 55.00 pounds
Rear View: with 2 IN (SFF8088 connectors)
FT-1603-SSA is intended to be an alternative choice to the SCSI-to-SATA RAID system.
It is to address the challenges of :
Stable Bus Connectivity,
Good Enough Performance, and
Large and Scalable capacity.
Features & Benefits:
- OS Independent & Transparent
- Support Two Servers/Applications Failover Clustering by providing dual SAS ports to hosts
- Support RAID-on-RAID feature by utilizing the LSI SAS MegaRAID controller to provide extra Redundancy/Protection or Extra Performance. Or use the regular LSI SAS HBA, but then use OS to stripe across multiple RAID volumes to gain extra performance.
- Single-Piece & Cableless Backplane Design
- Unique OPTIONAL 1-to-4 Octopus SAS cable allows a single 8088 SAS connector to connect up to 4 RAID units.
SAS Connectivity Advantages over SCSI:
- Better Cabling resulting better signal integrity and longer cable allowed
- Native support Greater than 2TB per volume even for Linux/BSD/Unix/MAC, besides Windows. On the other hand, SCSI model is having problem doing that for non-Windows OS.
- Allow capacity expansion by using the 1-to-4 Octopus SAS cable to aggregate multiple RAID boxes. On the other hand, daisy-chaining multiple SCSI boxes will be come extremely unstable.
- Allow performance aggregation by using the 1-to-4 Octopus SAS cable to aggregate multiple RAID boxes and Stripe them in the OS
Archiving applications and Security DVR applications. Because these type of applications requires a very stable data stream flow, a lots of capacity at a very affordable price point, but do not need super fast performance.
FORM FACTOR: 3U Rackmount x 16 Disks
- RAID ENGINE: Intel IOP 80321 XOR processor, 400MHz
- CACHE MEMORY: 256MB, Up to 1GB DDR/ECC Memory; Optional 72 Hours Battery Backup
- RAID LEVELS :RAID-0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, JBOD; HotSpare, HotSwap, Auto-Rebuild
- RAID FEATURES:
Multiple RAID Selection & Array Roaming
Online RAID Level/Stripe size Migration & Capacity Expansion & Volume Set Growth
Volume Instant availability and background initialization
Greater than 2TB per Volume Supported
Disk Scrubbing / Array Verify scheduling for automatic repair of all raid sets
Login record in the event log with IP address and service
Support MAID - spin down drives when not in use to extend service life
Support NTP protocol to synchronize RAID controller clock over the on-board Ethernet port
- HOST INTERFACE: Two 4x mini SAS Connectors ( 2 x SFF8088 )
Support Two Servers/Applications Failover Clustering
- DISKS : 16 x HotSwap 3.5" SATA II HDDs
- BACKPLANE: Cableless Backplane
- LCD & INDICATOR:
LCD Display with Input Buttons for setup, and error message display
System Status indication through LCD, LED and Alarm Buzzer; SES2 Ready
- RAID MANAGEMENT: Configure and Monitor by HyperTerminal via RS232, and/or Web Browser via LAN/RJ45
Embedded SMTP manager monitors all system events, and user can select to setup email alert notification to single or multiple recipients
- POWER SUPPLY: 2 x 400W 1+1 HotSwap, optional 3rd & 4th Power Modules
- DIMENSION & WEIGHT: 5.30" H x 17.50" W x 21.20" D; 55LB without HDD
- SCALABILITY : By 1-to-4 Octopus SAS Cable, (optional purchase )
OS: OS Independent & Transparent
Host Bus Adapter:
LSI SAS HBA: LSISAS3801X & LSISAS3801E